Sunday, September 7, 2014

The Birth of Knit n Purl Ocean

I am a working woman, wife and a mother to a 8-year-old son. 
I write short stories and articles on whatever inspires her. I love photography and in my free time I like to learn a new art and currently the latest on my learning list is Paper Quilling.
“But my passion and something very dear to my heart is Knitting. My day is never complete without knitting. It’s enjoyable, fun and relieves the day’s stress; whenever I am sitting, I am knitting,” 
 After dabbling in art, crafts and knitting for several years I have taken part in plenty of online contests where my work has been appreciated. But there was no particular platform where I could showcase my work to the world.
 It’s my passion and dedication towards my work and the appreciation that I get from people because of which KnitnPurl Ocean was born. 
KnitnPurl Ocean is very unique since there are not many who knit doilies and other Home Décor knitted items with set of five or eight double pointed needles.
These are very unique and beautiful patterns. Each individual pattern has its own persona, creativity at its best, and an identity of its own.Sometimes I write my own patterns to suit customised orders. I put in a lot of effort in creating every single piece, which consumes lot of time, patience and energy. The Yarn is personally selected by me, the Doilies are mostly knit in White and Beige colour, unless a customer specifies a particular colour to match the furniture. The final knit product is of much superior quality and it’s something one can treasure for its lifetime, something that brings a smile on everyone’s face, something that makes one wonder “How beautiful is this”.
I do not have any formal training in knitting, but I learnt the art  and the basics of knitting from my mother at the age of eight.
 “It was a memorable moment when I knitted my first doily where I handled all the five needles together and it was perfect. After this it has been a continuous journey, trying to self learn more difficult patterns, the different types of knitting stitches and experimenting them to create new patterns.  I knit Doilies, Booties for babies, scarves, bookmarks etc.  I like to try something new,” 
My knitting Products range from Small Doilies in round, square and oval shape, Table Mats, Table Runners, Centre Pieces for Glass and Wooden Furniture, Dining Table Set, Knitted Mobile Cases, Scarves, Bookmarks for the book lovers, customised Knitted Set for the Living room furniture, Baby Booties, Bay Hats and Baby Blankets.
KnitnPurl Ocean offers a vast choice of Knitting Doilies, Aluminium Embossing, Glass Painting and plenty of creative products which can be used as home décor and as gifts for any occasion. 


No comments:

Post a Comment