Wednesday, June 3, 2015

My next knitting project - Frosted Ferns Herbert Niebling knitted doily design

This will be my next knitting project.  It's Frosted Ferns Herbert Niebling knitted doily design. Breathtaking beauty that leaves me speechless :)

This pattern was published in Doilies 201 by the Spool Cotton Company in 1943. This doily also has a oval version which looks stunning.
It's has 121 rows with a mix of different stitches. I will be using the Red Heart cotton thread for knitting this doily.

Among the list of knitting authors and books that I have read Herbert Niebling belongs to a different class of knitting brilliance. With his patterns he makes a string of thread effortlessly dance into different and graceful floral patterns.

Whenever I look at the beautiful lace patterns I always wonder what were the thoughts flowing in his mind at that moment but I remember  reading that he began publishing lace patterns inspired by the flowers in his garden. He started knitting from leaflets and later he was the Grand Master of Lace Knitting.  This sounds interesting and innovative.

I yearn to understand lace half as well as he did. Hope this comes true one fine day :)

Stay tuned for the updates on Frosted Ferns :)

"AS THE COMPOSER WRITES DOWN THE NOTES THAT HE HEARS,  IN THE SAME WAY I WRITE DOWN THE STITCHES THAT I SEE"~~Herbert  Niebling.

No comments:

Post a Comment